MTN Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 is currently ongoing and the company is looking for a qualified personal for the position of a Manager, Emerging Technologies. The company is leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable.
Manager, Emerging Technologies
• To trail blaze the delivery and commercialization of next generation technologies with a view to capture value for MTNN. This will require active collaboration with internal stakeholders and external global R&D partners.
• Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
• Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
• Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
• Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
• Build high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
• Understand and apply emerging web and mobile development models.
• Review and debug code, perform validation and verification testing
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
• Document development phases and monitor systems
• Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
• Partner with the Innovation hub and ecoystems stakeholders to define scope, intention and best use of capabilities, considering user experience, content efficiencies and more.
• Define best “fit” and interdependencies and connections of capability within the solution ecosystem
• Maintain present-day knowledge of technologies and be the resident expert providing feedback to the Innovation leadership for review and further dissemination to the divisions. These may include:
• Machine learning and related algorithms applied to various areas of recommendations, predictions and prescriptive analytics, optimizations, classifications, clustering, and segmentation.
• Deep learning with object recognition derived from computer vision and natural language processing (via videos and script metadata).
• Data science based methods to automate learning; use of probabilistic reasoning and uncertainty management to maximize confidence in solutions.
• Designing and implementing natural language interactions and conversational AI that provide intelligent user assistance.
• Conduct research and forsee the potential needs of the market at large and evaluate the fesiability of solutions.
• Participate in identifying and creating applications for novel technology and business ideas.
• Build and architect the next generation digital platforms such as Speech recognition, Blockchain use-cases, Biometric Identification/authentication and Machine learning.
• Collaborate with global R&D partners on radical innovation initaitives around machine translations, deep learning, Screenless display (Virtual retinal display, Bionic contact lens, EyeTap, Google Glass) etc.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
• First degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electrical/Electronics
• 6 – 13 years of experience which comprises
• Experience as a software developer.
• Experience taking ideas/concepts to market ready mobile applications, micro services or cloud enabled architectures a plus
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies.
• Proven project management experience, preferably with an organization health component.
• High performing individual with strong standing, credibility across organization and a natural internal network.
• Strong analytical skills and sound business judgment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, ability to help others organize problem solving
• Excellent communication skills; strong networking and influencing skills
• Experience creating and presenting presentations to all levels of the organization
• Strategic outlook and attention to detail Training:
• Emerging technologies and proprietary partner technologies
• Imperative skillsets
• Frameworks : Qt, GTK++, JBoss (Seam, Hibernate, Spring, Struts, Cache), .NET, ReactJS, Restify, Angular
• Services: AWS, Azure, MongoDB, Apache, Firebase, Hadoop, Redis, SQL, Algolia, Git, NoSQL
• Dev Tools: C++ , Kotlin, Python, Obj-C, Swift, C#, Android Studio, JS,
• Operating Sys: Linux, Android, Apple, Windows
• FLIGHT Program
• Customer Relationship Management
• Business Risk/fraud Contact Center Management
• MIS/System and Data Analytics
• MTN P10 – Closed Loop Feedback
• Financial Modelling in Excel
• B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Application Deadline: 3rd July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply