After MTN Nigeria shocked the nation with a reduction of its night plan, the company is launching a new Pulse plan designed for kids. Known as MTN mPulse, the plan which also comes with a website, is designed for teens between 9–15yrs of age. MTN Nigeria shocked many users, after its popular N25 night data plan was reduced for 500MB to 125MB.
The new MTN mPulse according to the company, is an innovative designed to equip young students in Nigerian schools. This is to help them develop digital skills for success in our constantly evolving world, helping them Learn, Play and Shine. The service comes with two features including the mPulse tariff and the mPulse website.
While MTN mPulse comes with Special data bundles, Special Birthday reward, and allow National calls at 15k/secs, mPulse Website allows teens to develop themselves.
MTN mPulse Tarrif Benefits
The mPulse tariff comes with lots of exciting benefits giving students lots of freebies such as;
- N200 Birthday Reward: mPulse Customers will be rewarded with a birthday gift of N200 on the day of their birthday as long as their birthday details are captured before the birthday.
- Free WhatsApp for 7 days every month: Customers on MTN mPulse plan will enjoy 7 days free WhatsApp access upon first recharge of N100 and above in a calendar month.
- Bonus on recharge: 10MB on N100; 20MB on N200 (7 day bonus validity)- on first recharge in a calendar week ( 7 days).
- Parent-Child Link: For ease and convenience, a parent will be able to link a child’s number to her/his number and automatically share a set amount of airtime/data on a weekly/monthly basis.
MTN mPulse Website Benefits
- Access to examination materials, such as past questions for Common Entrance, JSCE, WAEC, JAMB, Post UME.
- Access to intellectual games
- And also access to a wide array of skill development tutorial videos.
MTN mPulse Data Plans
The mPulse data plan comes in both weekly and monthly options. While the weekly plan cost 350MB at N50, the monthly goes for 1.2GB at N150.
How to Migrate to MTN mPulse Plan
You can migrate to the new mPulse plan, using one of the three methods;
- Dial *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM
- Send ‘mPulse’ to 131
- Download the MyMTNApp, and go to tariff plan, then select mPulse from the options.
Other informations you need to know
Q. How do I sign up to the mPulse website?
A. Go to www.mtnonline.com/mpulse in your browser • In the Login/Sign Up section, Click the I’m a Student icon or I’m a Parent icon and enter all the information required to register.
Q. Will I be charged for joining mPulse website?
A. No, sign up to mPulse website is totally free!
Q. I’m a student, what do I stand to gain if I join the mPulse website?
A. You will gain access to the following:
• Certified preparation materials for Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
• Past Questions and Answers on Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO, JAMB and PostUME
• Youtube Tutorial videos on wide variety of topics: Technology, Programming, Leadership, Vocational Skills, Entrepreneurship, Language, etc.
• Exciting single-player and multi-player games
• Trending music and sports videos
• Buy mPulse data plans
• Migrate your MTN line to mPulse tariff plan
Q. Do I need to pay for these services?
A. Access to the Youtube tutorial, music and sports videos is free (only data charges apply).For the education and game services, you have up to 14 days free trial access, after which you can pay (between N10 to N300) to subscribe for the services.
Q. Can I access other YouTube outside the mPulse YouTube content?
A. No. The YouTube content on MTN mPulse website have been carefully selected for you, you can only access these content on the website.
Q. How can I check my mPulse airtime balance?
A. Customer will be able to check their airtime balance by dialling *556#.
Q. How do I subscribe to the mPulse weekly and monthly special data bundle plan?
A. You can subscribe to any of the mPulse Special Data bundle by doing any of the following:
• • For Weekly bundle of 350MB, send 350 to 344
• • For Monthly bundle of 1.2GB, send 351 to 344
• • Dial *344# and then, select data bundle of choice from the menu.
Q. How do I check my special data bundle balance?
A. Dial *344*2*2#.
Q. Can I access all website with the mPulse special data bundle?
A. No, you can only access mPulse Website with the special data bundle.
For more info, visit the MTN Official Website