OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update, is now available for the OnePlus 6 smartphones. The new update brings some fixes and optimizations, especially for the Ambient Display, Fingerprint scanner and Face Unlock features. The update also comes with a shortcut feature that allows users to quickly summon Google Assistant by pressing on the power button for half a second.
To use this feature, users will have to go to Settings > Buttons & gestures and toggling on the Quick activate the assistant app. As you may well know, this is a beta update, so some applications might not function as you would expect them to. A good example is the Google Pay feature that becomes available with this Open Beta 3 update.
Here is the latest open beta build for OnePlus 6.
- Fixed stability issues with ambient display
- Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
- Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power button for 0.5 seconds
- Added support for more apps (Telegram ,Discord,IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
- Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
- Supported backup and recovery for application data including home screen, lock screen and APP layout
- Bug fixes and support for more Android models
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
For those users who have already installed any of the previous Open Beta releases, you will receive the new update via OTA.