Glo Nigeria has relaunched it’s popular Glo Yakata Plan. The plan offers users an awesome voice and data benefits when they buy a Glo SIM. The offer rewards new and existing Glo subscribers with amazing benefits every time they recharge their Glo lines.
With Glo Yakata, you get upto 6GB data every month for 6 months, when you buy a new Glo SIM. That totals 36GB worth of data and you also get a whooping N2,200 on every N100 recharge to call ALL NETWORKS.
Other benefits of Glo Yakata include:
- Voice benefit can be used to call ALL NETWORKS; the more you recharge, the more value you enjoy.
- If your 1st recharge of the month is N200 or more, you will get a special data bonus that is 2.5 times higher than the regular data benefit.
- You will enjoy this special data offer on every first recharge of the month for six months.
- The Bonus is valid for 7 days
How To Migrate To The New Glo Yakata Plan?
According to Glo Mobile, all new prepaid customers are automatically on the Glo Yakata Plan when they get a new SIM and activate it. That is, all new Glo SIMs are on Yakata by default. For existing customers, you need to migrate or subscribe to Glo Yakata plan, by dialing *220#.
How To Check New Glo Yakata Balance?
Checking your Glo Yakata balance is easy, be it data or call bonus. All you need to do, is dial *220*1# on your Glo line to get your bonus.
Glo Yakata Plan Tariff, SMS Charge and Call Rate
- Glo to Glo calls are charged at 55k/sec for both main and bonus accounts
- Calls to other networks are charged at 70k/sec for both main and bonus accounts
- SMS is charged at N4/msg from main account and N14/msg from the bonus account
New Glo Yakata FAQs
Below are some other things you need to know about the new Glo Yakata Plan.
- I am already a Glo Customer; Can I Subscribe to New Glo Yakata?
YES, simply dial *230#to subscribe to New Glo Yakata package.
- Will I get Yakata benefits if I recharge with Glo e-Top Up?
Yes, Glo New Yakata is available on both physical and e-recharge platforms.
- How do I use the New Glo Yakata Data Benefit?
If your phone is data enabled, you can start browsing as soon as you recharge and receive a confirmation message of your voice and data benefit.
- What happens if I havean existing data plan before recharging?
The New Yakata bonus data will be added to your existing data volume and the higher validity period supersedes. For example, if you have an existing data plan of 2GB with 30 days validity and you recharge with N200, you will receive 50MB bonus with 250MB on first recharge and your new data balance will be 2.3GB with 30 days validity.
- How do I use the Glo New Yakata Social Data Benefit?
Social data benefit (chit chat) can only be used for Whatsapp, Facebook and Twitter.
- What if I’m unable to consume all my New Yakata Bonus within the Validity Days?
Unused bonus cannot be carried over unless another recharge is made within the 7 days bonus validity period.
- Can I accumulate my New Yakata bonuses?
YES, every recharge you make will increase the total airtime balance in your New Yakata bonus account.
- Can bonus validity days be accumulated?
NO, Maximum available bonus validity days at any time is 7 days
- Can the bonus airtime be used to subscribe for any value added service?
NO, all value added service subscriptions will be charged from main account
- Can I make international calls with the bonus?
NO, all international calls will be charged from main account.
- Can I share my Yakata bonus with another Glo customer?
NO, any value in the bonus account is not shareable or transferrable.
Source: Glo Mobile