Xiaomi has been working on a new smartphone called Redmi 8 and the device has been leaked. The smartphone with the model number M1908C3IC was recently certified by TENAA in China and details of the phone were revealed. It features similar design to the Redmi 7, except for the positioning of cameras. The Redmi 8 sport a Notch display, dual rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The phone comes with a 6.26-inch HD+ Dot Notch display, with a screen resolution of 1520 × 720 pixels. It is powered by an Octa-Core processor, with a 2GB, 3GB and 4GB RAM. The phone is available in three storage options which include 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. They can all be expanded up to 512GB, using a microSD card. The Redmi 8 smartphone has a body dimension of 156.3×75.4×9.4mm, and a weight of 190 grams.
Redmi 8 Leaked Specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, and supports 4G, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS + GLONASS. Redmi 8 comes with a 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, and a secondary 5MP camera, 8MP front-facing camera. The phone features a Fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor.