Samsung has announced its latest foldable smartphone, with support for 5G network. The new smartphone is coming after the Samsung Galaxy Fold was released early this year. Known as the Samsung W20 5G, the phone comes featuring similar designed but powered by the faster Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC. This is paired with 12GB of RAM and packs 512GB of storage. It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system, with support from an Adreno 640 graphic processor clocked at a frequency of 675MHz.
Measuring 160.9×117.9×6.9/15.7-17.1mm in dimension, and weighting 276 grams, the phone comes designed with a tough middle frame and has a white back. It has a 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex Display, with a 4.2:3 aspect ratio. When the phone is folded, features a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED cover display, with a 21:9 aspect ratio.
Samsung W20 5G Specifications
- 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display
- 4.6-inch (720×1680 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 160.9×117.9×6.9/15.7-17.1mm; Weight: 276g
- 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4,235mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
It has a Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor, supports 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC and MST. For the sounds, the W20 5G foldable phone supports Stereo speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos. The phone packs a 4,235mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA).
The phone has a 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with a secondary 8MP depth sensor. On the back, is a 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, 16MP Ultra Wide sensor and up to 10X digital zoom. Price of the Samsung W20 will be announced when the phone becomes available in China in December.