Samsung has started rolling out stable version of One UI 2.0, based on Android 10 for its Galaxy M30 and M20 smartphones in India. The update which is suppose to arrive on January 2020 is coming early after the Galaxy S10 series got the same update. The update brings Clean and easy-to-use interface with minimized pop-ups, New, smarter layout for a visually comfortable experience, enhanced Dark Mode, Focus Mode, Intuitive Device Care menu and more.
The Samsung Galaxy M20 One UI 2.0 update build M205FDDU3CSL4 is about 2.02GB in size and the M30 OneUI 2.0 update build M305FDDU3CSL4 is 1.29GB in size. Both these include Android security patch for December 2019.
- Night mode name changed to Dark mode.
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Camera (For M30 only)
- The following functions have been deleted: Portrait backdrop, Portrait dolly (Live focus image)
Icons and colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space
Full screen gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids’ activity with new parental controls.
- Added the Trash feature for Contacts that you delete will stay in Trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
Note: It is recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade. Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.