TECNO has unveiled two new budget smartphone called the Pop 3 and the Pop 3 Plus. The devices are coming as a successor to the Pop 2 and Pop 2 Plus unveiled last year. The Pop 3 Plus sports a 6.52-inch IPS notch display, with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels.
It is powered by a Quad-core Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 processor clocked at 1.8GHz. The phone runs on HIOS 5.5 based on Android 9.0 Pie with a battery capacity of 4000mAh. The Tecno Pop 3 Plus comes paired with 1GB of RAM, and packs an internal storage capacity of 16GB.
Tecno POP 3 Plus Key Features And Specs
- 6.52-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) IPS Notch display
- 1.8GHz Quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash.
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G, WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS
- 4000mAh Battery
The Tecno Pop 3 plus sports a single 8MP rear camera with LED flash, and an 8MP front selfie shooter located in the notch of the phone. It comes with support of 4G, dual SIM, fingerprint sensor as well as FM radio.
Design And Display
The phone comes weighting 180.5 grams, with a dimension measuring 166.7 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm. It is designed with a plastic body and its available in Midnight Black, Vacation Blue and Hillier Purple colour options. The Tecno Pop 3 Plus has a screen size of 6.52-inch, with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. It has less than 81.2% screen-to-body ratio and 20:9 aspect ratio. The phone has an inbuilt battery and also a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Storage And Performance
The Tecno Pop 3 has an internal storage capacity of 16GB and can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card. It is powered by a Quad-core 1.8 GHz Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 processor, paired with 2GB of RAM. The device comes with a PowerVR GE8320 graphic processor.
For the battery, the Tecno Pop 3 Plus packs a 4000mAh battery and for the operating system, the device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie); HIOS 5.5 operating system.
The phone supports 4G LTE, dual SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. It also comes with a rear fingerprint sensor located on the back of the phone. Other sensors include accelerometer and proximity.
The Pop series has not been known for having a huge camera setup and the Pop 3 Plus isn’t different. The phone sports an 8MP rear camera with flash and an 8MP front selfie snapper.
Price Of Tecno POP 3 Plus Price
You can buy the Tecno POP 3 Plus for around N28,000 – N30,000 here in Nigeria. The phone is available at online retail stores and market across the country.
Tecno POP 3 Plus Specifications
- SIM Card Dual SIM
- 2G Yes, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 850
- 3G Yes, HSDPA 2100 / 900 / 850
- 4G Yes
- Weight 180.5 grams
- Dimensions 166.7 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Colours Midnight Black, Vacation Blue and Hillier Purple
- Internal 16 GB
- External Up to 128 GB, microSD
- RAM 1 GB
- Size 6.52-inch Notch Display
- Type IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- RESOLUTION 720 x 1600 pixels
- Multitouch Yes
PROCESSOR & OS
- CPU 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- GPU Mali-400MP2
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie); HIOS 5.5
- CHIPSET Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 Processor
- Wi-Fi Yes, WiFi 802.11
- Hot-Spot Yes
- Bluetooth Yes,
- Sensor Fingerprint, Face Unlock
- USB Yes,
- Front 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear 8MP Rear Camera With LED Flash
- Camera Flash Yes, LED flash
- Video Recording Yes,
- Camera Features Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Touch focus, Face detection
SOUND & VIDEO
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Video 3GP, MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, FLV, H.264, H.263
- Jack Size 3.5mm
- Battery Model 4000mAh battery