Transsion Holdings has unveiled its latest budget smartphone called the Tecno POP 3. The new smartphone is coming as a successor to the Pop 2 released back in 2018. It sports a 5.7-inch FW+ touchscreen display, with a resolution of 960 x 480. The phone is powered by a Quad-Core processor, clocked at 1.3GHz and paired with 1GB of RAM.
The Tecno POP 3 parks a 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 32GB with a microSD card. It runs on HiOS based on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™, packing a 3500mAh battery capacity. It should be noted that the POP 3 comes with a removable battery.
Tecno POP 3 Key Features And Specs
- 5.7-inch (960 x 480 pixels) FW+ display
- 1.2GHz Quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- HiOS based on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash.
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock 2.0
- 3G, WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3500mAh Battery
When it comes to the camera setup, the Tecno POP 3 has a single 8MP Front Camera and a 5MP Rear Camera with Flash. It comes with 7 Levels Beauty Mode, and has both Fingerprint Sensor and Face Unlock 2.0 security features. If you live in Nigeria, you can get the Tecno POP 3 at a price of N22,000 – N23,000.
Design And Display
The phone comes designed with a plastic body and its available in Champagne Gold, City Blue, Midnight Black and Purple colour options. It has a 5.7-inch full view touchscreen display, with a 960 x 480 screen resolution.
Storage And Performance
Being a budget phone, the Tecno POP 3 has a storage capacity of 16GB which can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card. It is powered by a Quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz, and runs on HiOS based on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™.
The phone packs a 3500mAh battery capacity, which is 500mAh lesser than the POP 2 Power.
The Tecno Pop 3 is a 3G supported device, so it doesn’t come with 4G LTE. It supports dual SIM, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth connections. The phone also supports Fingerprint and Face Unlock for security.
The phone has sports an 8MP front-facing camera and a 5MP rear camera with LED Flash. The front camera is an AI Selfie Camera with Flash giving your picture that perfect touch. It also has a 7 levels beauty mode used to give natural retouch to your pictures.
Price Of Tecno POP 3
The smartphone comes at a price range which is between N22,000 – N23,000 (Naira) here in Nigeria. Note that the price may vary due to your location.
Tecno POP 3 Specifications
- SIM Card Dual SIM
- 2G Yes, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 850
- 3G Yes, HSDPA 2100 / 900 / 850
- 4G No
- Weight grams
- Dimensions mm
- Colours Champagne Gold, City Blue, Midnight Black and Purple
- Internal 16 GB
- External Up to 32 GB, microSD
- RAM 1 GB
- Size 5.7-inch FW+ Display
- Type IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- RESOLUTION 480 x 960 pixels
- Multitouch Yes
PROCESSOR & OS
- CPU 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- GPU Mali-400MP2
- OS Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- CHIPSET Mediatek MT6580P Processor
- Wi-Fi Yes, WiFi 802.11
- Hot-Spot Yes
- Bluetooth Yes,
- Sensor Fingerprint, Face Unlock
- USB Yes,
- Front 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear 5MP Rear Camera With LED Flash
- Camera Flash Yes, LED flash
- Video Recording Yes,
- Camera Features Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Touch focus, Face detection
SOUND & VIDEO
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Video 3GP, MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, FLV, H.264, H.263
- Jack Size 3.5mm
- Battery Model 3500mAh battery