Apple has released iOS 12.4.6 update for some older versions iPhone and iPad. The update is available to the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, original iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch sixth-gen. The update comes bringing the latest security patches and some improvements.
For those how have tested the update, here is what they noticed about its performance so far:
- Battery life is currently stable.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is fast and reliable right now.
- Bluetooth is working normally.
- GPS and cellular data are both stable.
- Third-party apps including Netflix, Dark Sky, Twitter, Slack, Asana, Gmail, Chrome, and Spotify feel stable.
- First party apps like Safari, Podcasts, and Calendar are running just fine right now.
- iOS 12.4.6 feels as fast as iOS 12.4.5.
Why You Need To Update?
As mention above, the iOS 12.4.6 update doesn’t bring any new features to the iPhone and iPad but does include new security patches. Updating to iOS 12.4.6 could help fix some performance issues like severe battery drain, broken Wi-Fi connectivity, UI lag, busted Bluetooth, random reboots, lockups and freezes, and various issues with first-party applications.
How To Update?
To update your iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, to the new iOS 12.4.6, simply go to Settings and install the update.