Airtel is dishing out free 3GB data to customers to enjoy access to streaming on its TV App. The app which is available to both iOS and Android devices, is free and comes with no subscription charges. It offers users access to stream TV channels, series, movies and music right on your smartphone and tablets.
According to Airtel Nigeria, the app offers users unlimited access to the best TV channels and video-on-demand content from around the world. Channels available on the platform Al Jazeera, Bloomberg Television, Trace (Urban, Africa, Mziki, Tropical, Gospel and Sport Stars), Gametoon, Fashion Box, Bollywood, Nautical, God TV, and Inspiration TV among others.
Features of Airtel TV
- Data Saver Options: Select your preferred streaming quality to save your data. Go to ‘Menu’>>’Settings’>>’Playback Quality’ and then select either low, medium or high quality and save.
- No subscription is required! However, data charges apply.
- Create a watch list that you can watch later.
- Access to a variety of genres such as Drama, Romance, Action, Comedy, Music, Faith/Religion, Health/Fitness, Kids and Documentaries.
- Browse through titles or search for your favorite movies, videos, channels by entering related fields such as Movie/TV Show title/Director/Actor/Channel name into the Search bar at the top of the page. Example: to search for “One Wish”, type in: “Fredrick Leonard” or “Lota Chukwu”.
- Movies are available in Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and English language.
- Regular newsletters to notify you of new releases
- Great content for your kids as well as for bonding with the family.
- Share videos with friends and family; click on the share button on the movie/show/video page and then select where you want to share and with whom.
- Lock screen option available
- Register with your mobile number to enable Airtel maintain your playback status and keep track of your subscription
- If for any reason you need to change your phone number or perform a sim swap or change mobile device, all you need to do is login to the app with the mobile number to continue enjoying the service.
- Personalization and recommendation options coming soon!
How To Sign Up And Get Your Free 3GB Data?
- Download the Airtel TV app from Google Play Store or Apple store and install it. Also, you can download it from an alternative source HERE.
- Launch the app and click “Register”
· Enter your Registered Airtel Phone number and Email address and click “continue”
- Enter the 4 digit OTP received on your device then confirm.
- To complete your registration, go to your mail box and verify your email address by clicking the button “Verify Email Address”. You can also verify your email address later.
- Now you are all set to browse through the catalogue and stream any content or channel of your choice.
- After completing the process above, You’ll receive your free 3GB Data 12 – 24hours later.
Please Note that the free data is only usable on the Airtel TV App. Also to check your data balance, simply dial *140#.