MultiChoice Nigeria had earlier announced that it will be making changes to its subscription fee both on DStv and GOtv. Now the company has just dropped the new rate, which will be taking effective from June. This was communicated to all its customers and subscribers via an SMS message informing them of the new price rate taking effect in a few weeks.
The price change will see a 7.5% VAT charges added to all its packages. According to the company, the message reads;
Effective from 1 June 2020 7.5% VAT will be applied to all DStv packages.
DSTV New And Current Prices June 1st 2020
- DSTV Padi: N1800 to N1850
- DSTV Access: N2000 to N2150
- DSTV Yanga: N2500 to N2565
- DSTV Family: N4000 to N4300
- DSTV Confam: N4500 to N4615
- DSTV Compact: N6800 to N6975
- DSTV Compact +: N10,650 to N10,925
- DSTV Premium: N15,800 to N16,200
GOtv New And Current Prices Starting June 1st 2020
- GOtv Max: N3200 to N3280
- GOtv Jolli: N2400 to N2460
- GOtv Jinja: N1600 to N1640
- GOtv Lite: N400 to N410
It should be noted that the increment is due to implement the new Value Added Tax, VAT rate. With effect on February 1, the country increased the VAT rate from 5% to 7.5 %. MultiChoice tried to see that the increment was not felt by the customers by trying to absorb 2.5% of the rate. The company has revealed that it could no longer continue to bear the cost, hence the new price change.