After tech giant Google announced the arrival of the stable version of Android 11, starting with Pixel phones, Chinese smartphone maker, OnePlus has started rolling out their OxygenOS 11, based on the Android 11 update. According to the company, the update will be released to the Open Beta channel to users of the OnePlus 8 series smartphones.
It is a Beta version, so users should keep in mind that it may come with bugs. If you want to know more about the update, you can visit the OnePlus official website HERE. The update will come with new and improved features such as Dark mode, Zen Mode, Game space and many more. Check out some of the features that comes with the update below;
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient display
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1,Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
See video below;
For OnePlus 8/8 Pro users, follow the steps below on how to upgrade your device to the latest Open Beta Version.
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
2. Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
3. Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
5. Update successful.
Note: please make sure the battery level is above 30% and minimum 3GB of available storage space.