If you are looking to start a blog in Nigeria and want to learn how to create a successful blog, and perhaps, a money making machine, you will find this resource useful.
SeekaHost has extensive resources on how to start a blog in Nigeria which you can read to know the best tips on starting a successful blog on WordPress. You may also be wondering what exactly you stand to gain by starting a blog or thinking if blogging still pays?
The idea of starting a blog and making money online is to attain freedom by earning a living in your own comfort zone; with no hassles of working from 9 to 5, no deadline to meet, nor submissions to bosses and most importantly, having a flexible working hour.
Though, there are many available guides on the web about starting a blog and many people have written about how to start a blog and make money online, but certainly, not all of them can also offer a helping hand to get you started at no cost at all.
Let us introduce you to our host, SeekaHost, the leading web hosting company that is championing the enablement for Nigerians to get online and make money without breaking the bank.
What About SeekaHost?
SeekaHost is more than just a web hosting company with powerful hosting solutions and web services, they also serve as a powerful online business network.
As a company found by Digital Entrepreneur Fernando Raymond, who is an astute SEO expert with entrepreneurial drives and love to help others to create, inspire and share the same success, SeekaHost has been foremost in its effort to help people living in the so-called third-world countries to attain digital skills.
SeekaHost believes in building strong relationships with its customers and therefore, they focus on delivering on the best hosting promises and going beyond their customer expectations.
Tips to create a Blog and Start Earning Money online in Nigeria
For those who are probably hearing about a blog for the first time, let’s explain it a bit. A blog, also known as a weblog, is an informational site that consists of informal diary-style entries, with articles typically displayed in reverse chronological order, with the most recent posts at the top of the web page.
Blogs also serve for much bigger purposes, such as online journalism and many businesses are now embracing blogs in their marketing outreach, as a potential advertising channel, and blogging can also serve as a home-based business, that you can use to make extra money.
But just like any other business, starting a blog requires some steps to get it up and running, which steps are as follows:
- Research & Register a Domain Name: Starting a blog, you’ll need to first research on a brand name for your blog and registering the domain name, and it is very crucial to the success of your blog that you choose a name that is unique and devoid of trademark violations.
- Choose A Blogging Platform: A blogging platform refers to the software service that enables you to easily publish your blog content on the internet. While there are several content management systems (CMS) that are available for this purpose, including WordPress, Blogger, Wix, and Weebly, to name just a few. All these platforms do have their pros and cons, however, WordPress is the most popular, as it is more flexible, with better functionality and it has a large community of users with many helpful resources.
- Choose A Web Host & Hosting Package: It is very important to have a great blog hosting service that can improve both SEO and overall site performance. A web host is a service that maintains and keeps your blog accessible on the internet, by storing and rendering all the files, images and content contained on your blog to online visitors. SeekaHost is a foremost web hosting provider that is poised to help Nigerian bloggers get online without breaking the bank.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, that means your blog is up and running, you’ll now need to make your first post, which could be just a few paragraphs announcing the launch of your new blog. But if perhaps, you’re a bit more savvy and an ambitious blogger, you can start by drafting a full post with images that illustrates your blog’s purpose.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Blogging
- What is Blogging?
Blogging is the art of keeping a blog, which is a discussion or informational website published on the Web consisting of informal diary-style entries, which are typically displayed in reverse chronological order, so that the most recent post appears at the top of the web page.
- How to Start a blog?
First, you need to research a domain name and register the domain, pick a template to start writing a blog post on a specific niche.
- What is the best platform to start a blog?
Most professional bloggers opt for WordPress, because it is more flexible and easier to manage your blog, and the best for blogging as it allows you to create a blog post within a few minutes.
- How to make Money from Blogging?
Blogging is a great avenue to start earning money online, especially if you have a good writing skill and computer with internet, then blogging is your best option to start making money online. You can make money from blogging by creating quality content, building organic traffic, and selling ad spaces or your own products.
If you are ready to start your own blog right now, you can follow these Step by Step Guide to Get Started with SeekaHost today!