Apple recently launched a new service that is called Apple One. The new service combines several of Apples services together under a single plan. These platforms allow users to enjoy services such as Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, News+, Fitness+ and more, with just a monthly payment, or subscription fee.
The service is available across all Apple devices such as Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, MacOS, and the Apple TV. It comes in different plans that include Individual, Family and Premier plans with different prices. While the Individual plan can be enjoyed alone, both the Family and Premier plans can be shared with up to five other people who are linked to your Apple account.
Apple One Plan, Price And Services Available
- Individual ($14.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage
- Family ($19.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage
- Premier ($29.95 / month): Apple Music, Apple TV Plus, Apple Arcade, Apple News Plus, Apple Fitness Plus (coming later this year), and 2TB of iCloud storage.
Apple Individual Services
- Apple Music: With Apple Music, you get access to over 700 million songs (and live radio) that can be streamed across all of your devices, including Android devices and the web browser.
- Apple TV+: Apple TV+ can be streamed on streaming boxes and smart TVs, including the Apple TV streaming device itself. Apple TV+ is an ad-free streaming service featuring TV shows and movies created by Apple, aptly called “Apple Originals.”
- Apple News+: With Apple News+, subscribers can gain access to their favorite magazines, such as The Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times on their iPhone, Mac, and iPad. Apple News+ also includes audio stories, so that you can listen on the go, including support for Apple CarPlay.
- Apple Arcade: Apple Arcade is a subscription that offers access to ad-free games with no microtransactions. It includes over 100 games for iPhones, iPads, Macs, and Apple TV devices.
- iCloud Storage: Perhaps the most vital Apple service is iCloud Storage. iCloud is built into every Apple device (with some additional support for Windows) and stores nearly everything—your photos, videos, notes, settings, passwords, and more—all in the cloud. All Apple users get 5 GB of iCloud storage for free, but after you’ve reached the limit, you might want to upgrade to larger storage, and you can do that for a monthly subscription fee.
- Fitness+: Fitness+ is the newest service coming to Apple’s list of services later in 2020, and it can be purchased as a monthly subscription for $9.99. Fitness+ hosts several workout programs for all skill levels, and will be available on the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and the Apple TV.
How To Sign Up For Apple One
If you’re using an iPhone with iOS 14, an iPad with iPadOS 14, or a Mac with macOS Big Sur, tap or click here. Or you can also follow the steps below.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the main settings menu
- Choose “Subscriptions”
- On this screen, you should now see a “Get Apple One” section near the top. Tap on “Try it now.”
- Next, you’ll be shown the three different subscription plans. Each comes with a month-long free trial. Choose the one that best suit you.
Note: Any services you haven’t already subscribed to are free for the first month of your Apple One subscription. After the free trial, the plan automatically renews as a monthly subscription. There’s no commitment, and you can cancel at any time.