WhatsApp is regarded as the number one messaging app in the world with over 2 billion active users in the world. It is available across multiple platforms such as Android, Windows and iOS. While the app is mostly used on mobile device such as smartphones and tablets, you can also use it on your laptops and PCs. This is where WhatsApp Web comes into play.
Using it on a web client is easy and this post will show you, how to set it up. The web version, comes with a similar visual interface as the mobile version.
Meaning Of WhatsApp Web?
As the name implies, it is a web version of WhatsApp on any desktop browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. This version of the app still requires the mobile version for it to work. What this means, is that WhatsApp for web is not independent from the phone version. When you log off from WhatsApp on your phone, the connection on the web is severed.
How To Set Up And Use WhatsApp Web On Your Computer.
To activate and be able to use WhatsApp on your computer, Simply follow the steps below;
- Start by going to web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
- There is a QR code on the page, and you will be asked to scan the QR code that appears on the screen with your phone to link your account.
- Open WhatsApp On your Phone.
- Tap (three vertical dots) on the top right corner to enter Menu or Settings.
- Next is to select WhatsApp Web.
- Simply point your phone at the QR code on web.whatsapp.com.
- And you are done.
After doing this, your account will now be linked to the web client, and you’ll be able to use WhatsApp directly from your browser. You can start sharing all types of files and documents such as photos, musics and videos via WhatsApp Web.
Other things you can do include chats, edit your profile pics as well as view your contacts’ status. You can do virtually everything on your phone, via your computer. If you have any question, use the comment box below.