Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 12 Stable update for the Redmi 7A users in India. The Android 10 based update comes as MIUI 188.8.131.52.QCMINXM, and brings December Android security patch to the device.
The update comes with a lot of new features such as new design, Super Wallpapers, Floating Window, New Control Center, Enhanced Privacy Protection features such as Interceptor, Flare, Hidden Mask Mode, and more. See the changelog below;
- Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
[Status bar, Notification shade]
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
It could be recalled that the Redmi 7A smartphone in India back in July 2019 running MIUI 10.2 Global Stable on top of Android 9.0. In August.
The Xiaomi Redmi 7A, was launched with a 5.45-inch HD+ display, and a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels. It came running on Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10. It is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 Processor, supported by a 4000mAh built-in battery with support for 10W (5V/2A) charging.
As for the cameras, the Redmi 7A features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash, and a single 5MP front-facing camera.